Have you ever wondered what if you can find a case which can store your belongings which is not too small or not too big for your product? If yes, you are in need of the best kydex holster.
What is Kydex?
It is a thermoplastic acrylic-polyvinyl chloride material which was developed by Rohm and Hass in 1965. It is used extensively in applications like safety helmets, aircraft pull down trays and holsters for firearms. Simply put, it is a thermoplastic sheet which can be fit any mold for bringing out any shape. It is also used to make holsters for firearms.
Why use Kydex?
- It is fire and water resistant.
- It is scratch proof and high durability, which also makes it less prone to chemical corrosions
- It can be forged into any mould to bring out any shape
- It is lightweight
- It is less prone to wear and tear.
Things to consider before getting a kydex holster:
- Kydex can be a very durable material, but it does not mean that it is indestructible. Even this material has a breaking point. You might expect it to be in perfect shape if it takes any impacts, but you cannot expect it to be intact if it is put under a force which is beyond its breaking point.
- When you store a firearm in it you are also storing all the intricate details of your firearm in it, so you might experience some trouble in the initial stages of usage. This means that whatever is stored in it is fits perfectly. Initially you might experience some problem when you are using it, but later you will get used to it.
- Although it is heat resistant, it should not be exposed to extreme temperature, causing it to melt and when that happens, it will not be suitable for future use. Similarly if it is exposed to extreme cold, there are high chances for it to crack, leaving you with an unusable one.
Selecting a kydex manufacturer is not an easy task. There are a lot of factors to be considered for selecting the best kydex holster and since there are a lot of manufacturers in this field, it is important to select a manufacturer which makes high-quality kydex products at a reasonable price which is best for you.